Sunday, March 2, 2014

Baked Bread and Cheese Old Fashioned Recipe Sunday Night Supper

A great Sunday night supper I just discovered.



I love looking through old vintage cookbooks.  Yesterday, I found the Lily Wallace New American Cook Book.  This book reminded me of the one I have from my Mom.  I found a recipe though that I had not seen and that is the Baked Bread and Cheese.  It's amazing and makes a great lazy, easy Sunday night supper. 
It's like an omelette and a quiche.  So, simple and yet so tasty.  I used mild cheddar, but I think a mix of Fontina would be so yummy.  It's oh so creamy.  Next time, might use some cream instead of milk.  Better than Mac and Cheese! Better yet, can be great for leftover breakfast work sandwiches.


Dark in the house, so images didn't pan out so well, (no pun intended).




No comments:

Post a Comment